Tuesday 3 July 2007

Mariner's Compass and Lighthouse complete











Long weekends are certainly great for stitching. I finished my lighthouse including all the backstitching. I did the mariner's compass I wanted to include. I rebasted some of my blocks as the thread was pulling loose. I found the verse in an online thesaurus and thought it suited the piece. So, here are the photos of the lighthouse, the compass, the saying, the space for names and the overall piece. I will work on the border a bit since I have about 10 days before I have to put it in the mail. The border is a rope design. I really need to learn more about posting photos. They are all over the place. Oh, well, maybe next time.

9 comments:

Aussie Stitcher said...

It looks great Kathy. Will the other blocks be lighthouses also?

Joanne

Beatrice said...

This piece looks beautiful in real life....Nice job!!!!!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Kathy that RR is going to be just awesome!!!!

Anonymous said...

As always your work is beautiful Sis. Love seeing family on here.
Everyone looks great.
Huggles,
Sherry

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

This is spectacularly gorgeous!
Love it!

Cheryl said...

I love your lighthouse!

Stitch Wizard said...

Your lighthouse is just so awesome!! My husband is from Maine and he fell in love with this lighthouse as I did. I may have to try and do this one for him! Very beautiful and you just did a splendid job too! Debby :)

Michelle said...

You should be able to click and drag your photos where you want them within your post once you've loaded them. Your RR is so pretty - I just love your theme!

Cathy said...

Looks great!