Tuesday 18 September 2007

This and that

Hunter's birthday was a success. Here is what he looked like after enjoying his birthday cake. 3 hours to decorate and 2 minutes to destroy. The party was a lot of fun but a little noisy - 10 children 2 1/2 and under and 20 adults.
Dani, her mom and I made a trip to old Montreal on Sunday. We browsed the old port and had a lovely lunch in an outdoor cafe. We went to a needlework show in the afternoon. We saw some very beautiful work. We saw a couple of pieces we would like to do but there were no designer names with the finished work. One piece was an armchair piece with a needlebook, a pin cushion and a pocket for your scissors. The second was a whitework peacock.


I did some needlework on the weekend. I finished the fortune teller for Mikaela. By the way, when I photographed it open I spelt niece wrong. Nobody caught it. My sister did though. I finished a couple of other small pieces but cannot show photos until sent and received by their owners. I did a small amount of work on the wreath. I will be picking it back up now and hopefully finishing it within the next two weeks. I will do my best to blog this week but it may be limited. We have brought our 2 1/2 year old grandson Jackson home with us for the week. After he went to bed last night I sat for a good hour like a zombie. He is a lot of fun but man, am I tired, when he finally sleeps.



7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your grandson is just adorable! Your wreath looks simply amazing, there is so many stitches in it, wow! It sounds like you had a great time at the needlework show.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

Awwww...Hunter is a cutie patootie :)
And you are almost finished with the wreath! WOW!!!

Anonymous said...

That fortune teller is so cute. And your wreath is fabulous! Looks like you're on the homestretch!

Ranae said...

Fortune Teller came out good. It's the first one I've seen. I bet 11 yr. old DD would love one. Is there a pattern for it?
The wreath is turning out gorgeous. I have the info and a pic of Painted Ponies you aked about on my blog.

Dani - tkdchick said...

Kathy thanks for coming along on one of my crazy little road trips!!! I hope you've recovered!

Beatrice said...

Hunter looks so CUTE!!!!
The Fortune Teller finish is pretty.
And of course the Wreath. Gorgeous...Hey, not so pink any more!

Mindi said...

Love the fortune teller, its very cute. The wreath is looking like its going to join up sides pretty soon!