Friday 14 December 2007

It's Beginning to look a lot like Christmas

Now that the deck is finished and all the mess is cleaned away it is time to put up Christmas. I have been impatiently waiting for the job to be done so I could decorate. Here are a couple of photos.





I always put my Christmas village out front. It looks so nice at night when it is lit. The only snow we get to see is around the village and frankly, that is all I want to see. On each side are my bougainvilleas. I love these. They grow like vines and have thorns on them as big as thumbs or so DH says. He would love to get rid of them and is always after me to trim them. I just ignore him and 5 years later they are still here and blooming beautifully.
Here is my new deck - all porcelain tile. The three guys did a wonderful job and it is so much easier to keep clean. We get some wicked sand and wind storms here and the sand is so fine that carpet is almost impossible to keep clean. Over the last few years, people are replacing carpet with tile. We don't get much rain so the tiles hold up well outdoors. I am planning to put my Christmas tree up on the deck later today.
Here is my updated photo of Paradigm. I finally got the chance to work on it last evening.


And, I am still slugging along on Crystal Tree. I think I have two presents left to stitch then I will have to put it in Q-snaps. I usually work in hand so this will be my first use of them. I have many things to add that will require the fabric to be straight - silk ribbon, beads, rope, garland, snowflakes and charms - Oh darn, here I thought I was near the end. Oh, well, maybe next Christmas.

15 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the look of your new floor and your Christmas decorations are really beautiful. Glad to hear it finally stopped raining. Had a lovely lunch yesterday and you're right - the pies were yummy. Your Christmas tree is coming right along. I look forward to seeing the finished product.

Alberta said...

Kathy, your home looks so warm and inviting with your Christmas decorations and that wonderful new tiled deck!

Paradigm is coming along nicely as well!

Thanks for your wonderful posts, such a wonderful treat - it sit with a cup of tea and read up on your cyber friends, far & near!

Merry Christmas!

Stitchy Princess said...

I love the new porch!

Your WIPs are looking lovely - I can't wait til you get to the beading part on the tree!

mainely stitching said...

Crystal Tree and Paradigm Lost are looking GREAT!! Good for you!

Lynn said...

Your deck has turned out lovely!
I really like the look of the tile.
Your decorations look great too!
PL is coming along nicely. I haven't been able to put in any stitches on CdC this week.
Crystal Tree looks fantastic! I can't believe you stitched it all in hand. I can't do that at all. I have to have my fabric taut all the time.
Enjoy your weather. We're expecting another winter storm on Sunday!

Anonymous said...

Your deck looks wonderful. You are so lucky to be able to put your decorations outside. If I did that they'd be stolen within the hour.

Ranae said...

Your home with the new tile deck and the Chrissmacy decor looks so cozy. The WIP's are looking great.

Vonna Pfeiffer said...

LOVE the tiles...and I love the village outside:) COOL!
And what a great idea to put your tree on your deck!

Cheryl said...

Love the deck and all your decorations!
You sure are making good progress on PL! Crystal tree is so pretty, sounds like a lot of work though!!

Stephanie said...

Loving your new deck - it must be so much easier to maintain! Crystal Tree looks lovely, despite (because of?) all the sweat and tears that have gone into it. You are chugging along on PL so quickly!

Beatrice said...

Tell the guys they did a good job...I know they already know that.!!!
It looks wonderful.
The village is so pretty.And the deck all decked out for Christmas is fun!
Good going on the PL and the Tree.
Looks like you'll have a finish soon!

Dani - tkdchick said...

The new entry way looks great! Wow you're brave putting your Christmas village outside!

Both of your projects are looking great!

Hazel said...

Love your decorations and your stitching is coming along nicely. xx

Deb said...

Hi, Kathy, thank you for your note on my blog about Christmas "holes." I'm so happy for you that your situation worked out for you and your sons. That is a real blessing! I think it's different when a father dies, and one is divorced. Somehow, not to have known or to have any memory of your own father in any way, when the rest of your siblings do...makes a difference in a person's heart. Thank God you haven't had this issue in your and your children's lives! At least, I hope not. I often think of the 9/11 families and children whose dads die in Iraq in this way, because they suffer irreparable damage by the loss. My son was in NY when 9/11 happened and served the families through helping establish life-long trusts for the children through his law firm...and by volunteering time to help feed the workers during the crisis and cleanup. He was chosen to help with the trusts because he was the only one who would understand what it would be like for those children not to have a father, and to have needs for education, etc. God uses all of our circumstances, even the heartbreaks and holes! So, I pray for them at Christmastime, as I hope others are praying for mine! :)

Wendy said...

Christmas spirit abounds on your lovely new deck, Kathy! And I can imagine your Christmas village looks wonderful lit up at night too. Great work on PL and the Crystal Tree. You still might have it done in time for Christmas :-D