Wednesday 11 May 2011

4 cans of paint


That's right - 4 cans of oil-based, heavy-spatter paint!!!! The worst paint I have ever used! All that to cover the ceiling and walls in a garage that was used as a smoking room for 20 years. But - it has done the trick. The brown walls and ceiling are gone and the smell has dissipated completely. I hope I never have to do that again.

What does that have to do with stitching? Well, nothing really but it's the reason I'm overdue posting to my blog.

 I did receive the most wonderful package in the mail this week. Margaret sent me some gifts. .Margaret's husband is an avid nutcracker collector and his collection makes mine look small. I sent him a Canadian Mountie nutcracker a while back. You can see him on Margaret's blog.
He and Margaret sent me a Sinterklaas (Dutch Santa) nutcracker and matching ornament. Included was a lovely Cricket Collection pattern called "Spring" and a skein of the ever elusive DMC 931. It was a wonderful treat and greatly appreciated. Thank you so much to Margaret and her DH.



It has been another week of stitching whatever called to me. I think everything did.

I stitched on Fairies in the Garden - a couple of mushrooms and a fairy.


I stitched some more of the wings on that darn angel - not much worth a photo but a couple more strands.

I stitched and restitched on Snowflake Serenade. LET IT SNOW was stitched twice.  I was out by a row. I think I have stitched every section of this piece twice.


I pulled out Mirabilia's Valentine Fairy. She has not seen daylight in a while. I added her wings both left and right side.


Then it was Sampler de Bouquet's turn. I finished the pot of flowers. I am very happy with my progress on this piece. 


I am off to visit with Dani this weekend. She is hosting a stitching weekend and Beatrice and I are going to join our friends for some quality stitching time. I am looking forward to catching up with everyone.

I am behind on my blog reading but will try to catch up now that I don't have to spend every minute at the end of a paint brush and roller. 

My blogaversary is coming soon!

Until next time - may all your stitches be in the right place the first time!

19 comments:

Katrina said...

Wow, the painting doesn't sound like even a little bit of fun :-(. Glad it's finished. As always, all fun projects.

Have a nice stitching weekend with your friends!!!

Patty C. said...

Love the Sampler de Bouquet - It is such a gorgeous pattern !!!! Looking forward to the finish ;)

Karen said...

So much progress on so many pieces! They all look great! Sorry to hear you're still having issues with Winter Serenade.

Enjoy your stitchy weekend with your friends!

Rachel said...

All the stitching looks fantastic! :)

Have a wonderful time and your stitching weekend! I will be stitching at home thinking of all of you!! :D

Deb said...

I think that painting of any kind if nasty! I guess that's why my husband does all of it.

You have some wonderful projects in the works. Love all of them especially Sampler de Bouquet. Anything with blue grabs my attention.

Sue said...

All of your stitching looks beautiful. It often seems like I have one project that just continually needs to be frogged and other projects that I never have to remove one stitch. Funny how that happens. Enjoy your stitching time with friends ;)

Meari said...

Sounds like a terrible job that painting. Ugh. At least it's done now and looks/smells better.

What gorgeous stitching you've done. I don't know how you get so much done. Puts my progress to shame. :(

Rachel S-H said...

Sorry about all the frogging you have had to do. Your WIPs look great--at least it's worth it.

Carolien said...

Hi Kathy,

Well done, that job with the 4 cans of paint!
Your stitches are wonderful and oh that fairy again! Lovely!
Funny to see a Dutch Sinterklaas on your site, enjoy!

Big hugs, Carolien

Cathy B said...

Despite the painting job you were still able to get some stitching done! love all the projects you are working on. Hope you have a great stitching weekend with Dani!

Lynn said...

You've been busy girl! I think I'd be glad to be done with the painting too. Oil based stuff is horrible!
You are having your problems with Snowflake Serenade aren't you! It must be all that white stitching. I know it gives be grief when I'm stitching all white.
Nice to see your Valentine fairy once more. I'm looking forward to seeing you today!

Shelleen said...

All your WIPs are lovely.

mdgtjulie said...

Amen, lol. I have been frogging lately too!! I wish you no frogs at the stitch in! Have a good time at the get together. All of your WIPs look good. Keep up the good work!!

Brigitte said...

That was certainly not too much fun to re-paint the garage. And I bet you are glad that it's done. Stitching is so much better and it's easily visible by the progress on your beautiful WIPs.
I hope you spent a great stitching weekend with your friends.

Judy S. said...

Wow, you did the garage and all this stitching? You are so productive! I love them all. Have you checked out Sanborn lately?

Siobhán said...

Lovely progress on all your stitching! I do love that Jardin piece, but the fairy is just too cute!

Beautiful gift from Margaret!

Pumpkin said...

Looks like you've got some great WIPs on the go :o)

Stitchingranny said...

I am feeling a need to rest from I Still Do and seeing your Fairies At The Bottom Of My Garden has made me think it might be time to get this one out again.

cross stitch kits said...

lovely designs, looking forward to see the little fairies finished.