Thursday 4 September 2014

Muriel and the Stitching Weekend

WARNING PHOTO INTENSIVE!!!!!

Muriel has finally been able to attend a stitching get together. She was starting to complain about how many quilt shops she had been to and after all, SHE is a stitcher.

Before I show you the fun of the weekend, here is a photo of Muriel actually getting some stitching done.


She is sitting in a very quiet spot on my antique sewing machine nestled amit the scissor frogs and their scissors.

What a fun weekend we had! The most wonderful women comprise my stitching friends.

                                                Angie, Christin, Bonnie, Barb, Clare, Judie
                                                 Beatrice, Sheila, myself, Muriel and Dani
                                     Fran has slipped into the photo and Dani is taking the photo.
                                     Missing from the photos were Ann, Beth, Kim, Pat and Bernie.


 We laughed and talked and ate and stitched for 4 days.

There were the most wonderful treats. My coffee table was full at all times. Someone sneaked in a basket of grapes so we could pretend we did eat healthy too.


 Muriel  had her share of treats.


During one meal time, I went downstairs to get some things from the fridge. Look where I found Madame Muriel - nestled between a bottle of Steam Whistle, a bottle of Reisling and some of my DH's home made beer.

I guess the place got too noisy or she got thirsty and I forgot to give her a drink. She was unusally mum about her trip to the downstairs fridge.

Here I am researching different fabrics looking for one for a specific project. There are some wonderful enablers!


Modelling the quilted table topper I am working on.


Dani and Christin celebrated their 20 year friendship on the weekend. Great excuse for cake!


Several of us had matching t-shirts.

The comment has been made that Madame Muriel (in the photo) should have a t-shirt too. I think that is beyond my capabilities! I have been asked where we got the T-shirts. They came from our LNS. The link is below.

And the stitching commenced

Sheila
Judie
Sheila and Judie
Barb
Barb, Sheila and Beatrice
Clare
Angie, Clare and me looking at my Desert Mandala
Ann McDonald (our LNS owner and friend)
Bonnie
Angie
Christin
Clare and Sheila discussing the frog infested RR I had completed

All of this stitching and eating and talking and hosting exhausted me. Dani caught me having a little afternoon nap!



Till the next adventure from Muriel and I, keep on stitching.

10 comments:

Nicola said...

That must have been great fun Kathy. Would love to have been there with you all, just a tad too far for me though! Lol

Beatrice said...

We had such a nice time...thank you for hosting Kathy!

Bonnie Brown said...

I had an amazing time! You are a wonderful hostess!

cucki said...

Aww so much fun :)
Sweet hugs xx

Meari said...

Looks like a fantabulous time!

Carol said...

Always so enjoyable to read about this weekend each year!! And it looks like Madame Muriel fits right in with the group :)

Jo who can't think of a clever nickname said...

What a great weekend, you all look like you had so much fun! Madame Muriel too!

Nice to put faces to some of the names as well.

Kaisievic said...

Your stitching group looks like so much fun!

Brigitte said...

Such a great get-together of you and your stitching friends.

Dani - tkdchick said...

LOL wonderful weekend as usual!